Copyright © 2009 Access Transmission. All Rights Reserved.
Gas Saving Tips:
- Combine errands, and trips.
- Service your car, it will keep it at peak performance
(Check your Maintenance Schedule)
- Go lightly on the gas pedal
- Give yourself plenty of time to stop. Don't stop instantly.
- Don't idle for long periods of time
- Don't use drive up windows (if it all possible)...park and go in
- Empty the car and trunk of extra unnecessary items
- Put items in the trunk instead of on your roof
- Drive 55 mph instead of 65 (you save 15%!)
- Don't use your air conditioning unless you have to
- Use your 5th gear whenever possible on standard transmissions
- Keep your tires properly inflated
- Use the lowest octane gas (if your vehicle recommends it)
- Don't take off like a drag racer, gain your speed easily and you will see a big difference in gas usage.
Remember, always wear your seat belt weather your the driver or passenger and be a sensible driver. You will see results!!